Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'm back!...and here to stay!

It's been like....2 months since I have blogged. Sorry, all I have is the boring excuse of being busy.Let me fill you in on Triple K Farm news. This promises to be a big year for us, we have a lot in the works right now, and I will do my best to keep you posted.

First, we got a new sugaring arch 2x6 & Mark guarantees me that this will allow us to have a life during sugaring...me, I am not convinced, but time will tell. Mark has been working the last two weekends to install it. He & his right hand sugar man (Tony) are laying the fire brick as I write this. Last weekend K3, myself , and K1's boyfriend split sugar wood both weekend afternoons. Then I came down with the flu...that put me out most of the week.

This morning started out fast & furious. Chores, clean barns, and loaded recycling, this was before 9 am! Then the shearer came & sheared all the girls, did their feet, and they received their CDT shots.I know it seems cruel to take all their wool mid winter, but there is a logical reason. We are expecting lambs in the beginning of February. Without their wool, I can monitor their progress easier. I can actually find their udders (and so can their lambs!), watch them grow, and sometimes feel the babies move (super cool!).
Before....

During.....

and after....

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back! The Littles are excited about sugaring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are excited for the Littles to visit the sugar shack...maybe gather a little sap :)

      Delete