Wednesday, August 13, 2014

This can't be real!

This is what I say to myself on a daily basis. I read some of my blogs and look back at the last few years and think people must not believe the stuff I write, but I assure you it's true. Here's a look at the last few weeks.

  • First, the sick/missing pig showed up at the neighbors after being missing for over two weeks. He managed to survive although he did lose a lot of weight,
  • K1's horse is allergic to bug bites...who know exactly which bugs but he has broken out in hives twice = vet bills/ medicine.  Now he goes out in full body gear (fly sheet,including neck & face)

  • Our dog JD has allergies to something that causes ear infections = a crazy dog who is constantly bothered by ear pain. We've switched to food that is now twice as much & we feed 3 dogs (215 lbs of dogs). We  I clean his ears dailey and put in ear drops twice a day. We are on our 3rd round of ear drops!

  • K1 took her horse to his first horse show. She was practicing the night before the show & fell off. She lacerated her liver (normal kids break bones,but our girl is special)= 4 night in the hospital and no riding for 3 months. Guess whose job it now is to exercise the horse. Which is actually fine, because I do love to ride, but boy am I sore after riding yesterday

  • Unfortunately, I will no longer be a full time farmer. I have accepted a job as a preschool Para in Pittsford. The bottom line was health insurance for a family of five when we were both self employed was becoming too much. Once school starts we will be open only on the weekends, and we will most likely be open less next year.  
Here's our newest members of Triple K Farm:

Emma & Ella 


Polkahontas - She is a Normande/ Holstein heifer 

Patch - He is a Normande/Jersey bull calf.





1 comment:

  1. Maybe I could ride, if you lead me around. I'm kind of scared .

    ReplyDelete