Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesdays Thoughts


  • We are an official teenager household. The littlest K (who is also the tallest K) turned 13 last weekend!
  • Gardens are doing well, we've had lots of beets, green beans, carrots, potatoes, cukes, zucchini, broccoli, herbs & garlic, and we are starting to get tomatoes.We eat from the garden every night!
  • Sadly, our corn was over run buy weeds :(
  • Sunflowers are amazing & I love having fresh flowers on the table. Makes me Happy!
  • Funny story about picking green beans: Carter (our lab) like to come in the garden with me, rummages around in the plant & picks his own green beans which he happily eats.It's so funny!Who knew dogs liked fresh raw veggies.
  • Speaking of silly animals we have a ram lamb that runs over every time I water them to drink out of the hose - guess he likes his water fresh & cold!
  • I bought some goat milk soap (from local farmer) that I love- think I am hooked! I've tried Vt organic soap but just didn't like the feel. Need to add this to my sustainability list. (Still waiting for more ideas)
  • Hate to say it but August means back to school. So begins school shopping. We have started getting the field hockey gear. K2 needed a new stick  (hers cracked), we are getting mouth guards today. Practice starts next week!
  • Have a great week!

2 comments: