Friday, August 24, 2012

Piglets

I said we were never having pigs again, but that was before I tasted the meat. The down side to pigs in my opinion is they stink & are obnoxious. They make this loud noise when they see food coming.We are always challenged trying to move them around, and they destroy wherever they are.

But...they are cute when they are little & very tasty in my freezer,crock pot,or grill. So, Mark see's this sign on his way home from work that says baby pigs for sale. We drive up to this house & a 12 year old boy comes out. "They are my pappy's pigs, but I will show them to you". We climb in his gator & drive down this large hill & down a trail into the woods. I am almost laughing thinking to myself, only in Vermont. We go back the next day with a dog crate to buy the pigs. The same boy comes out and says"Howdy Guys!" with a big smile on his face. He and his brother catch the pigs & help us load them. They wipe their filthy hands off in the grass & I ask "whose hands are cleaner?" as I hand them the money.


And now we have pigs......

2 comments:

  1. You too? I have seen so many people getting pigs lately. I am just going to have to egt some too. I have been thinking about it and have the perfect spot for them. I just need some pig panels and to build a little shleter for them. So you have 4? I know what you mean about the horrible noise they make when they see you coming with food. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! How many did you get? what are their names?

    ReplyDelete