Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Days off- sort of?

Monday is my "day off" meaning the petting barn is closed, of course the first thing I have to do is take out the foster dog & feed the house pets. Then outside to feed/water the pigs & turkeys that are out to pasture. Head to the petting barn to feed everyone there. Here's the day off part, I don't have to clean everyone & sweep the aisle. Then I head to Middlebury with K2 to the doctors, we hit the bank & back home within 2 hours. Make lunch for the fam than off to Rutland with K3 to run some errands & go grocery shopping. Get home & Mark & his crew are at the petting barn. Perfect, cause we need to castrate the bull calves. K1's boyfriend works for Mark, I bet you can guess the conversation Mark gave him, while demonstrating this process (similar to Cleaning my Gun song by Rodney Atkins). Then we worm the alpacas. Next is trim 3 sheeps hooves & the goats. Now we feed everyone & head home. I make dinner, Mark does the outside chores. Tomorrow we are bringing K3 to Lake George for Quenneville camping. She is amazing & completely packed herself (stole K2's work sneakers, but that's another story!). Mark & I plan on spending the day at the lake , oh how I wish we were escaping for the week. I catch up on laundry,dishes,vacuum,pay bills....finally to bed at 11. K3 feels bad for me and washes 3 days of eggs...going to miss that girl!

Tuesday I do chores , Mark has a meeting with a client, We pack up & head out. We are only 40 minutes late but that's OK. We spend a lovely 8 hours at the lake than reluctantly go home to do chores....again. I hope they have a good week & K3 will be home on Sunday.

Wednesday, is cleanup day. I slack off on Monday & Tuesday, so I have to completely clean all the pens. UGH! My super husband helps me. I decide to call the vet to come look at 3 sheep that have been sick for awhile & just not getting better. While he's here I have him look at the piglets at the petting barn, their skin looks funny. Here's the verdict, one sheep with pink eye, 2 with respiratory infection, and bacterial skin infection on piglets. Why???  Who knows, weather doesn't help....and the dream continues.....
P.S. Mark got 40 balage bales aka white marshmallows & somehow we also bought a calf from the farmer who made the bales.
K3 went with Mark to pick him up & named him Moose .

The Tom's are so cute when they puff out their feathers.

Farmer Mark loves his cows!!!!

Nala takin' a break....it's stressful being a goat!

No comments:

Post a Comment