Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Puppies & Ponies

The newest craziness began on Friday! Shockingly, it's not very often than I second guess the decisions I make, but this weekend was one of those times. It all began Friday morning when I agreed to take a litter of EIGHT puppies. K3 (who is the one that talked us into fostering dogs) was still camping, so I was on my own.  As I am working out the details of transport & where I am going to house all these little cuties, I get word that the 2 ponies & donkey that were given to us will be arriving Saturday at 10. (again, we were convinced by K3 that we needed these ponies). We had dinner plans that Mark went to, but I stayed home to get everything ready & settle in the new pups. Of course the weather finally turned into haying weather ,so Farmer Mark mowed hay.  Big thanks to Andy & Kevin & Hunter for unloading all the hay on Monday in this very HOT weather!

The puppies are soooo very sweet. We will have then until the 24th when I have to transport them Waistfield to get spayed/neutered & than hopefully they will be adopted soon after :) If anyone is looking for a new family member, please contact me. Here's my puppy run down. I get to the barn around 7:30 with K3. We feed four puppies,than take them outside. Feed the next four puppies. Clean their pen & water them. This is a process of about 1/2 hour. Repeat at 2, than we come back around 8 for dinner. We also try to take them out potty every 2 hours during the day. Sometimes we let them loose, other times we harness them.They love any and all attention, so it's really hard to get any work done with them here. K1  has helped feed & walk them. Even K2 has even helped with a feeding & she doesn't care for dogs, but she has a favorite puppy (Bruiser).
Love this !

K3 aka dog walker

Lily & Bella looking lovely in their harnesses!

Petey!

It's tiring being a puppy! 

 The new ponies- First let's talk about Radar the donkey. He was just castrated so we have to feed him antibiotics wrapped in treats 2 times a day. He is strong- surprisingly so! Getting him across the road to and from the pasture has been a challenge. None of them are easy to catch. Our mini ponies, Abby & Nancy, run right up to us and can't wait to go in. These guys we have to bribe with treats. I believe they were spoiled! Now we have 4 ponies & a donkey so we have to alternate them in the pasture. Some go out in the morning, than come in late afternoon. We let the others out, and then come get them in when we feed the puppies dinner, because the bugs are so bad.  The fun never ends around here!

Griz  & Twister/Patches 


  Griz is a little strong headed also, K3 has been working on Whoa when leading him. Twister (K3 calls Patches - because he looks like a pony in a tv show) is shy & quiet. The hopes are to eventually give pony rides. K1 & 3 are going to work with them. The first on the list is give them a bath & detangle their dreads. Then  I'll find a guinea pig  (Madison), to ride them LOL!

I will post a better pic of twister & of course more puppy sweetness!


No comments:

Post a Comment