Saturday, December 14, 2013

December update

Where have the last few weeks gone? Seems like it never slows down. So what have I been up to?

 Let's see, we've split sugar wood 3 times (I think the syrup maker aka Mark is almost satisfied!)

 We delivered the goats to be bred & went back to pick them up 1 1/2 weeks later. Kids should be arriving end of April.YEAH! My 7 year old niece asked me where the goats had been. I told her a date. All the adults got a chuckle out of that!

 My pork was finally ready at the smokehouse, so I had to make a special trip to pick that up. We have a beef going Monday. It feels like we are constantly moving animals or picking up meat. On the plus side that means were selling a lot!

K2 turned 17 (where does the time go?)

Like everyone else I am getting ready for Christmas. We had our tree up for a week before we were all home at the same time to decorate it. Crazy!

Here's lots of pics, so many of JD because he is just so stinkin' cute!


We sheared the sheep when they came in the barn for the winter. 




I call these guys the brat brothers, because they try to escape or jump in the wheelbarrow.

It bloomed!

Looks a little lost in the big dog bed.

Burr...it's cold! He already outgrew this one.

He doesn't like the snow on his feet.

Playing with the big dogs!

My day away...xmas shopping with my family  

Happy chickens- since it snowed they haven't ventured out- they are afraid!

My beautiful tree after it FINALLY got decorated. 

Friends

Not a fan of the leash

How Mark brought the new calf home..in a bag!



So helpful at homework time, a few minutes after he slipped off on the floor with all the homework!


Pretty Daisy


Helping me with paperwork
























1 comment: