Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thirty things I am Thankful for.

I copied this idea from my niece's blog, because I loved it!

I am Thankful for ......


  1. Mark- my sweet, hardworking man, that always makes me laugh. My husband of 21 years. He's part of everything I do & love.
  2. K1- my sensitive, persistent and happy girl. She is a freshman at Castleton State College and I know she will be a great teacher!
  3. K2- my fiercely loyal, dedicated, and wonderful girl.  She is a senior in high school and I know she will make a fabulous Cosmetologist!
  4. K3- my funny, caring, and animal loving girl. She is always trying new things and puts 100% into whatever she is doing.
     
     I love and adore our beautiful girls! Nothing makes me happier or more proud than the K's!
  5. My family that is large, fun to be with, and always here for me if I need them.
  6. My friends- we've shared a lot of fun times through the years. They are the best!
  7. My dogs.
    Miley & Carter

    Our newest addition J.D.
  8. Leo & Arlene for providing us with the opportunity to fulfill our dream of farming.  Leo is always helping Mark fix things, or offering advice. Arlene does all the flowers & helped me decorate this fall. Both will come out and help anytime they see us struggling or trying to get in loose animals. They are simply awesome & we are thankful for their support.
  9. That we are healthy!
  10. To be able to raise all our own meat. I know exactly what goes into my meat & that my animals lived a great life. There is nothing better than a Triple K burger, our bacon smoked at VT Smoke & Cure, or a pasture raised roasted chicken. Yummy!
  11. That I live in Whiting VT and always have!
  12. For sunshine- when the sun is shining, everything is better!
  13. For coffee with Simonds Sugar Shack maple syrup each morning & a well deserved drink at the end of a long day, with the one I love the most!
  14. Sugaring season- always a fun time of year with family & friend. Nothing beats warm maple syrup fresh from the arch.
  15. My pool - I love summer.
  16.  To be a Farmer and to do chores every day. I love my animals and they bring me joy.
  17. Scented candles.
  18. Country music.
  19. Wood heat that keeps my house cozy & warm.
  20. Fresh vegetables from my garden & raspberries in the fall.
  21. That my girls never went to daycare. I cherish every minute that I spend with them. I loved being home for their childhood. 
  22. Pictures & scrapbooks to capture memories
  23. Danskos & flip flops.
  24. Cell phones, so I can always get a hold of my girls & Mark. I love my iPhone.
  25. Internet - provides so many options, opportunities, and blogging of course!
  26. Watching my girls play field hockey, race around on four- wheelers, ride horses, and play with little kids. Basically, watching them do anything that makes them happy.
  27. Christmas lights & Christmas trees, symbols of my favorite holiday.
  28. Desserts- apple crisp, sugar pie, and homemade cookies come to mind.
  29. Everyone that supports our farming business - members of our CSA, visitors that come to the petting barn, and anyone that buys any of our product. Allowing us to do what we love.
  30.  That in a lot of ways we all make our own luck and happiness. And I am pretty lucky & very happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment