Sunday, March 2, 2014

Kick A** Weekend

Here's a run down of our kick a** weekend.

I made 2 batches of goat milk soap.
I am anxiously awaiting my goats to kid, so that I can have my own milk. I was super excited to find milk for sale on craigslist so I could start practicing, Here's Nala, she's due on Easter.

For the first time we made maple candy.

We cut two dump trailer loads of fire wood. I loaded most of the wood myself, while Mark cut. I even drove the loader tractor. I am women...hear me ROAR!

Mark, K3, and I  trimmed 13 ewes feet, gave them their pre lambing shots & worming, and built the lambing jugs. K3 even tried to trim her ewe. Our first ewe is due April first. We want to be ready because we are hoping to be busy sugaring soon. 


We made a trip to home depot so Mark could get supplies for a job and we decided to sneak in a dinner date. Mark was trying to get me to use salad dressing and I told him I didn't need the extra calories, since I have always eaten it without, that's how I like it. He told me that he thought I burned enough calories in a day that I didn't have to worry about it. 

Of course we also did chores morning & night, and our weekend routine. On Saturdays or Sundays we clean out the sheep & goat pens, sweep the whole barn, and spread the manure. This adds about an hour to our regular chores.

It was a good weekend, we even saw a little sunshine:)


No comments:

Post a Comment