Thursday, July 19, 2012

Localvore Feast

I'm going to start by saying, Summer is the best! It is so easy to eat locally. Here's a  look at my last few days. Sorry, I wish I had taken pictures but I thought of this blog after dinner last night, and obviously it was too late :(

 Every thing listed came from our farm unless otherwise noted :)

Tuesday night dinner:
Raw milk from a local Whiting farm
Roasted chicken 
Boiled Red Potatoes
Broccoli
Green Beans
Baked breaded Zucchini
For Dessert - Zucchini Bread

Wednesday:
Cucumber sandwiches for lunch (I have to confess I do not make my own bread) CQL - it is one of my goals)

Dinner:
Steak from local Whiting farm
Roasted red potatoes with fresh garlic & rosemary
Beets
Green Beans (which my 8yr old niece ate 3 helpings!)
Ice Cream (not homemade...but I usually do) with Cajeta (caramel made from goat milk) a delicious gift from Trevin Farm.

We start our days with coffee using maple syrup instead of sugar.

Beautiful flowers on our table :

I took K3 to breakfast at Rosies (Remember we are used to fresh eggs that are supper yummy& bright orange) Her plate came with very light yellow eggs. "These look disgusting", she tried one bite and said they were disgusting.

As you can see Life is Good!

I have 17 people entered in syrup giveaway. Need 8 more to draw a winner.

P.S. I have no idea why some sentences are highlighted.If  anyone knows, please let me know.




2 comments:

  1. Yummmmm. At the French Day Festival in Vergennes, I had maple coffee and watched them make it. It's soo good. Going to make it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that great to make dinner from your own home grown food? We had pork chops from a friend up on the mountain, green beans, mashed Yukon Gold potatoes, fried zucchini and squash, Silver Queen corn, tomatoes and cucumbers, all from my garden. And I agree with your daughter. I cannot stand to eat store bought eggs. they are just not good at all!

    ReplyDelete