Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Back to school!

I bet everyone thought I was done with blogging since it has been forever, but the truth is I have been out straight. Back to school also means back to work for me & field hockey for the girls.

I started a new job. After ten years as a preschool assistant in Whiting Preschool, I moved to Neshobe as a Kindergarten para educator. I am only working part time, but have worked extra hours for the first two weeks of school.A new job is an adjustment. I do miss Whiting & seeing all the kids. I know everyone in the whole school since most of them I had in preschool.

The K's are on 3 different field hockey teams & only K1 drives, so that means I am on the road back & forth to OV all the time! Last Wed. I drove to Manchester for a game, Fri. was Rutland. This week was Rutland yesterday. Take K3 to orthodontist after work today then game at OV. Game at OV Wed. & Thurs. Friday is just practice. Then  Sat. is homecoming game at OV!  This goes on until the end of Oct. I do love watching them all play! I will post pics soon!

Garden is in full harvest. Last weekend I was in the kitchen for about six hours both days. I made spaghetti sauce, salsa, jalapeno jelly, and froze broccoli. This weekend looks like  I will make more sauce, freeze pumpkin and possibly make raspberry jam.

Animals are all good. We put the ram out, so hopefully lots of lambs in February. Two weekends ago we moved every one around. When we put the ram in with the ewes we had to give Dora (horse) a new friend, so we moved the cows in with her. We had to put the ewe lambs in a secure fence, so their were no oops with the ram. The ram lambs were getting out so we moved them in the corral, which meant we had to move the chickens. The piglets are growing fast, so they need to be moved this weekend but first we have to put up electric fence. It's a constant game of musical animals here.

Mark is hopefully baling the last of third cut today.Then haying is DONE :)

That's all I have time for, because it's off to work for me....

Ohhh, almost forgot CQL is the winner of the sweet surprise!


2 comments:

  1. I won! Whoop Whoop!! What did I win??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quart of yummy delicious maple syrup & tasty homemade raspberry jam :)

    ReplyDelete