Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring chicks!

Meat birds arrived in the mail 106 of them!
  They lasted 2 days in my basement, then we could smell them throughout the house, so we moved them to the barn. It was a little chilly (When is it going to warm up???), but we had two heat lights & a small heater. Boy, solar would be great! I'm sure the electric bill will be up this month.They are a week old today & doing great. We only lost 3.They are really cute.

We moved our layers to a new spot in the field & they are very happily forging, giving us delicious, healthy eggs. Which we are getting 2 dozen a day, so we always have eggs for sale :)

I wish I could say we had all the sugaring equipment cleaned, but we still have 100 buckets to wash. My excuse has been it's been too cold, or I've been too busy. Defiantly, HAVE to clean them soon. I do have next week off, so hopefully I get lots done.  

Fed my 2 bottle lambs the last of the powdered milk. They still come running up to me crying & I feel bad, so i try to avoid them :(

I have finally launched my website, after many frustrating hours building it. www.triplekfarm.com. I would love your feedback!

Mark & crew have done lots of work on the barn (....there's still TONS to be done).It's looking GREAT!!! I am super excited about our grand opening on June 22. 

P.S. If you haven't already, like us on our Triple K Farm facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment