Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Leaps & Bounds

We are GROWING in LEAPS & BOUNDS! Which is why weekly blogs are all I can manage.

This is what my weekend looked like: First thing Sat am, after chores of course, we went to Foxcroft Farm & bought six piglets. I love supporting local farms (and businesses)! We actually traded a ram last fall toward spring piglets. I was happy to see he did his job, and they had lots of little lambs running in the pasture.The piglets had a rough day adjusting to the electric fence, but now they have it figured out. This beautiful sunny weather has been hard on them, poor babies are sunburned. For some reason they are not going in their hut to get out of the sun. Yesterday, I ran the hose & made mud for them to play in. Mark came home & caught me in the pasture with the pigs. I told him I was playing in the mud with them, but actually I was just squatted down taking pictures & enjoying watching them...they are really cute.

Then it was time to take K2 to get her hair done for prom, Then prom pictures. She looked BEAUTIFUL! A little girl saw her walking on the street on her way to prom and said, "Look Daddy...a Princess". She went with her boyfriend, and they look so happy together.



Then we went to my Nieces graduation party. She graduated from nursing school. Way to go LAURA!
We got up with the sun on Sunday, did chores & hit the road to buy our mini horses. It was a 2 1/2 hour trip each way. But they were worth it, they are so friendly & super cute. They are full sisters, Nancy & Abby. I only have one pic right now & just looking at the face I am not sure which one it is.
We got home, set up our new coral (which we also bought from the lady selling the horses), went & got the last of our hay (YIKES!), then Mark went & worked excavating the drive way at the barn. The last thing we did before bed was take out Miley's stitches. Thanks for the assistance Dj!
P.S. We have 20 turkey pullets, coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment