Tuesday, May 28, 2013

When it rain, it pours...

Both literally & figuratively...

It poured buckets all weekend. It was 43 degrees. The freshly sheared alpacas were cold even in the barn. I froze my a** off all weekend. It started on Saturday when we had to process 80 chickens, we had a canopy, but we were wet & cold. The process took over 3 hrs. Then of course we had the puppies that had to go out all day & night. Sunday, I had to walk out & check the sheep, again I got wet & cold.... At times like these Mark will look at me and say " We're livin the dream, babe" This is why we have been together for 20 years....

Since my last blog we had to put our horse Dora down, she was 29 years old. This happened 3 days after we put our sheep Phoebe down.Then the pup Shirley got sick & we had to take her to the vet. Doesn't the saying go bad things happen in threes?

Monday was sunny & warm, singling a good week ahead.

 My brother and sister-in law found us a chinchilla. We haven't named her yet. 

 Figuring out how to put the cage together was a challenge.
 K3 lovin the dogs!

Everyone was happy on Monday to have sun & be outside! 





Getting a drink all together after playing & running!


No comments:

Post a Comment