Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goodbye 2013

When I look back at the year, I definitely feel like it was a busy one. Here's few things that stick out in my mind.

January- was get ready for sugaring. We bought a bigger arch. Mark spent a lot of time installing that, which meant that I did a lot of  the wood splitting !



February- was lambing & sugaring. Which is always CRAZY! We had a set of quads born, and I spent several weeks bottle feeding two of them. I was so happy they all made it!


March & April- we started working on the petting barn. We spent many hours demoing, remodeling, and I think we went all over VT and even to NH buying various animals- alpacas,calves, mini ponies, and goats!






May- was junior prom for K2 & senior ball for K1. We also got our first two foster pups!



June- K1 graduated from high school, which was a little emotional for me.  We had the grand opening of our petting barn - we had about 100 people, which was our goal. We begin selling our meat & poultry CSA shares.

July- was many days at the petting barn, managing all the animals, and haying!

August- Back to school for the girls. I don't know where time has gone but I have a freshman in college, a senior in high school, and a freshman in high school. My babies are all grown up!

September-  K3's field hockey games, birthday parties & field trips @ the petting barn.


October- Petting barn closes for the season. We had a very successful Fall Fun Day!

November- We got a new puppy (he found us) named JD.


December- we've had harsh weather. A foot of snow one day, -15 another, and than a inch of ice. Doing anything outside has been miserable.

2013 was all about Livin' The Dream! As always I am so thankful for Mark, my girls,and our good health!
Looking forward to another great year!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have had a busy good year. I bet all those babies have grown. gine have quads here. Scary. Triplets is the most so far.

    ReplyDelete