Saturday, January 25, 2014

Yucky January!

We've had a cold January. Many days in the single numbers, with below zero nights. That means we've had some frozen water bowls and animals that stay in all day. When it's this cold they eat more hay just to keep their body warm. Not to mention we've been going through a lot of wood. After being in the cold I am so happy to have a nice warm & toasty house. Not so happy when I had to split more wood today, because we don't have enough to finish the winter.

January means the dreaded T word.....TAXES! I gather all my info so that I can file at the end of the month. This year I was a little behind,so that meant days of sorting & filing. My main reason for starting this right after the Christmas stuff is put away, is because I need it done before sugaring. Once that season starts  my life goes into high gear- sugaring, babies, than gardening & open petting barn, then it's haying..... busy, busy!

Next on my list is to work on some new ideas:

  • More CSA options.
  • A Spring Fling & Fall Festival.
  • Weekly playgroup
  • Season passes
I'll keep you updated  :)

Here's a few pics from my Crazy Life!

Another calf....I think Mark has an obsession!

JD got into the trash & was so happy with his find, he didn't even notice the lid around his neck!

Brat Boys are growing.....

JD makes a good pillow for K1!

One of the few days it got warm & Miley dug around in the dirt.

1 comment:

  1. "Your car is so clean, you must not carry calves in it" says k3

    ReplyDelete