Monday, January 13, 2014

Manwear

I came to the realization that I don't have my own barn clothes. I was suiting up for chores the other day when CQL looked at me and made the comment "You go to the barn every day, I think you can have your own clothes." Hummmm, that's a good point.

 Here's what I wear: A big sweatshirt (I have several that "shrunk" and no longer fit Mark). If it's really cold I wear his old flannel lined Carhartt pants, the ones that are ripped in the knee. He wears newer, hole free ones to his job. I wear yoga pants under these. These are my own :)  I have his old, before we were married (we've been married 21 years!), jacket. Then to top it off, I carry his old knife. The one that he got from my brother at the first family Christmas he went to. It barley cuts baler twine! I asked for a pink jackknife for Christmas, but sadly I didn't get one. K2 jokingly tells me I look like a man, when I walked in the other morning she said "good morning, sir!"  I think that's why I wanted a pink knife, something feminine...you know to make me feel like a lady.  The good part of my barn  manwear  is that I stay warm.

I did just get a haircut & color  from my most favorite cosmetologist (K2)...not that you can tell because most days my hair is tucked inside my hood. Here's where I should insert a selfie, but it's late, I'm tired, and I'd have to actually "do" my hair. 

1 comment: