Friday, June 1, 2012

Seriously, You Can't Make This Stuff Up (sheep, part 2)



(what I saw out my kitchen window)
Mark decided that a round bale would be a good idea. He brought it into the corral & placed it so the rain would not get inside. As you can see, we had the horses & sheep together. Instantly, I tell him it seems tippy, so he adjusts it. The day progresses & I see that Dee (horse) likes to rub against it to itching herself causing the bale to wiggle. Again, I tell Mark this seems like a really bad idea and want him to move the bale. I am worried it could tip over onto one of the sheep. He assures me it will be fine.

A few days later I am @ the kitchen window & watch Dee tip the bale over, so I run outside to check the sheep. As I am running & scanning the corral, I realize Addison is missing. She is a sweet little lamb that we bought for K3's show sheep. I start screaming for help. I run over & can see her feet sticking out. K2 runs out bare foot. Her & I start pushing on the bale, but it doesn't budge. Mark runs out & jumps over the fence losing his sandals. He pushes on the bale, we start digging from the bottom, and finally we pull Addison out. She is laying with her tongue sticking out. I am sure she is dead. Well, I never knew I had the Q family Canadian temper until that day. I start yelling & swearing (even the f word!). "I ---- told you this was going to --- happen... you never --- listen to me... of course it had to be our best sheep ...." Mark just stood there with his head hanging not saying a word until I was done, and then he quietly apologized. He felt terrible! Well, turns out Addison is not dead...after she laid there for a minutes with the wind knocked out of her she slowly got up and walked away. She survived her near death experience & K3 has shown her for the last 2 yrs. Last year at Field Days she was the champion Romney natural colored ewe and in the top 3 for all breeds Champion Ewe. She is still a flock favorite!!







1 comment:

  1. What's this "Q family Canadian temper" you talk about? I've never seen it before....

    ReplyDelete