Monday, October 14, 2013

Super Successful Fall Fun Day!

For starters the weather was perfect - for that I am thankful.
We had around 170 people come to the fun day and they had a great time- for that I am very thankful.

  • K1- worked so hard on all the posters & signs. Then spent Friday taking burdocks out of ponies.Got up at 4 am on Saturday went to work than came back to lead ponies around for two hours during pony rides! 
  • K2 - who dislikes barns & animals, was there exactly when I asked her to be & helped until she had to go to work!
  • K3- for organizing everyone/everything. She did lots of planning & list making ( Mark says she just like me...makes my heart swell to see her list). She got up early to come to the barn & get ready, then helped with the pony rides. My Girls are AWESOME
  • Brandie- was a huge hit face painting, and putting feathers in hair - all day long!
  • Jaime- ran the store for hours!
  • Tina- made 90 hamburgers on Friday, than served food for 3 hours!
  • Danny- grilled for three hours!
  • Laura- helped with ponies & face painting!
  • Cady- did pony rides for four hours with only a 15 minute break!
  • Nancy - took pictures (which I will post when I get them) and collected $ at the pony rides.
  • Jim - did all the hay rides, which were packed everytime!
  • Tim- helped with the pony rides.
  • Ellie- lent us her horse, Pepsi who was a perfect girl for the very long pony rides.
  • Ewe & me sheep peeps- for a great display and tasty bake sale.
  • Leo & Arlene for supporting us & all our crazy ideas and letting us take over their lawn & driveway for the day!
For all these people I am so Very Thankful!

After the fun was done, we all did chores. Than we went back to our house for pizza and much needed laughs, after a long day. As we were talking my sister said someone had mentioned how awesome our family was, helping each other. This past year has been crazy for Mark & I- we've missed dinners & events,and neglected our friends. Yet no one criticizes us for that. They understand a farmer has to make hay when the sun shines - no mater what! You all rock, I love you, and we could not have done this alone. 
THANK-YOU!

1 comment: