Thursday, November 14, 2013

Another busy weekend!

Picture from the party last week. K3 is quite the baker/decorator!

Friday, I spent the day with K1 & 2, oh how I love those girls! We went to lunch & ran errands, including finally getting my oil changed- way over due!

Again, we spent the weekend getting ready for old man winter (whom I could live without). We brought in more wood, worked on buttoning up the barn (almost done!).  Saturday, we moved the chicken coop.. Mark hooked onto the coop & got stuck with his truck. We really have to bite the bullet & buy him tires (one of those things I hate spending money on). He had me hook my Mariner to his truck & shockingly it pulled him out!  The hens were very happy to have the leftover popcorn.


Then K3 & I pulled out my snow babies & put up some lights inside. I love being warm & toasty inside with white x-mas lights & a scented candle. Definitely one of my favorite things, I love Christmas!! Mark, K3 , and I spent the evening watching season 3 of walking dead. We are all addicted. We don't have cable, only Netflix so we have been watching last season all week & we finished it on Saturday!

Sunday, morning I went riding with K1 & 3. I rode K1's horse Ranger. I haven't ridden in a year. K1 gave him a pep talk to be a good boy, & I reminded him I bought his grain. We had a awesome ride!
After, lunch, we moved the cows. We brought the big ones home in two loads. We loaded them much easier than I expected. We had my nephew Quinn with us for the last load. We had him outside the fence, holding the trailer door opened. Once the cows were loaded, we told him he did a good job. he said " when the big one with horns came, I almost let go!"

 
 We weaned Black Jack from his mom & brought him in the barn. He is a big boy, bigger than all our other calves, that are older than him. Both him & his mama have been protesting this all week. Lots of moos around here. Doesn't he look sad?

Sunday, night we had Quinn & Peyton- they were so fun!

Peyton got a hair cut, by K2.











1 comment:

  1. can't wait for those sugar cookies at Christmas. Love Peyton's hair cut!!

    ReplyDelete