Thursday, November 21, 2013

Meet JD

Life has been interesting around here! Last Wednesday, my niece called me about an abandon 5 week old puppy. Of course if you know me, than you know I said I would take it! I picked him up and he was 3 1/2 lbs. He couldn't hold his body temperature, so we held him & he even slept with us. Thursday, I brought him to the vet. They said he was healthy, but too little to be away from his mom. I needed to feed him special food & keep him warm. We named him JD (Jack Daniels), for Mark.

Those first few days were rough, like having a newborn. I would feed him, wash his face, clean up his poop & pee  (it was too cold to take him outside), hold him till he fell asleep. Then put him in his crate with a hot water bottle,  he would sleep for a few hours. Repeat the whole process. It was exhausting! Not to mention I did a load of dirty peed on blankets everyday.

It's been a week and he is doing great! JD weighs 5 lbs. We've started taking him outside. He sleeps 6 hours at night. Hasn't had an accident in his crate in two days. When he wakes up he wines & I take him out. He is becoming playful. He has this super funny growl that makes us all laugh. He only plays for an hour or less, than he's worn out.  He is so smart, sweet, and absolutely adorable!
First Day!

JD loves to eat!

This is how he likes to sleep & I am tired by day 3!


His favorite toy - sometime he attacks & growls at it!

Miley can't wait till he plays with her!


Checking out his toys!

After toy bin is empty, he was to tired to play!




If I'm in the kitchen, he will find me & fall asleep at my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment