Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Crazy Animals

Our calves all comfy in their new pen.

I love my goats!

Friday was my first winter CSA pick up. It was great to meet new members. It was also a very rainy day and Mark was unable to work, so he worked on the barn all day. We have been working on getting the back half ready to bring in animals for the winter & a few border heifers. That meant demoing the stalls, building some pens, redoing the gutter cleaner, and getting water to the back of the barn.

On Saturday we had 7 ram lambs in the pasture. We put one in with the ewes, than we sold 3. Here's the three that are left & they are cute!

 On Sunday we had our last b-day party in the barn for the season (my nephew). It was cold. K3 made an amazing cake (as always). We have an understanding, I bake the cakes & do all the cleanup and she comes up with the ideas, makes the frosting, and does all the decorating. This time I had to make a cake, cupcakes, and sugar cookies!

Monday I planned my meals for the next two weeks & went grocery shopping. Tuesday I spent in the barn cleaning, because we moved animals around & the borders came in. Today was clean my house and bathe the dogs, who found something nasty/dead to roll in! Tomorrow we have an appointment & Mark will be home, so that means work on getting ready for winter! Friday is paperwork day. In case it's not apparent I am a planner. My white board is full of list - Marks jobs, the menu, to do list of the day...

As always we've had a few surprises:  We treat our animals so well, they think they belong in the house!

K3 sent me this "Well Hello there!"

K1 found this when she woke up this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment