Monday, March 11, 2013

Got Syrup?


WE DO!! It's been a crazy run. It started Thursday & hasn't stopped yet! We have gathered 1,385 gallons of sap, boiled 44.5 hrs out of 73 hrs , and we've made 29 gallons of Sweet Maple Syrup.

We still have sap in the tank & I'm sure we will have more to gather today. Mark, I think will even admit he's had enough & is ready for a break. Saturday night we finally got to bed @ 3:30 am, but thanks to the time change it was really 4:30 (of all weekends to lose an hour time!). Got up to feed the lambs their bottles @ 6, back to bed to catch a few more hours of much needed sleep. Then back to the sugar house to fire up at 9 am. Before I could have my coffee (in the sugar house- sweetened with syrup of course!) I had to clean the filters. This is what I get to do first thing every morning during sugaring:
It's Monday & I am off to work. Mark is cleaning the pan & firing up again today, and the fun continues.....

P.S. The best part is all the help we get from  family & friends.It is always a good time hanging out in the sugar shack!

No comments:

Post a Comment