Friday, March 15, 2013

Oh My!

Insurance, logos, and paperwork OH MY! This is the other part of my farmin' life. After making syrup & taking care of animals. My LEAST favorite part.

Starting our CSA & petting barn requires a variety of licences and Insurance. Which equals paperwork and of course  fees/money.

K3 came up with some ideas for our logo, which we than took to Winning Image. They used her concept and added to it. It's awesome and I can't wait to show you. They do really great work.

Paperwork/finances UGH! I have given up and now have Laurie Bertrand (CPA) come once a month to keep me on track and enter all my info on quick books.She is my lifesaver.

Farm Updates:

  • The sap hasn't run since Monday = a much needed break from sugaring. We are going to check today and we might be boiling tonight.
  • K3's show sheep Addison had a black ewe lamb which K3 named Ava. They are doing great & I will post pics soon. I think that is the end of lambing season for us. 
  • We haven't worked on the barn since last Thursday, but we plan on working this weekend & pouring concrete on Monday.
So, that's all the news I have for now. Enjoy your weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment