Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Peony's Lambs

Tonight, after gathering sap with K3 & our Tuesday helper (my nephew Q), night chores, dinner, cleanup and then finally a few minutes in the sugar house in was 9:00 which is bottle time for the quads. When I got down to the barn I saw Peony was in labor. I got to watch:) Every year she has had one black & one white, but I have never seen her deliver her lambs, so I was glad to catch it this time.

1st born -ram

2nd born - ewe

Good old Cater was watching just outside the pen - in case I need him!

2 comments:

  1. Carter is such a good boy. I know Q had a great time. He showed us the pictures and I had to read him the book about Maple Syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great dog to sit and wait to help. And the lambs are so little and sweet. I love lambs.

    ReplyDelete