Monday, February 25, 2013

More Kritters ......

Meet the newest members of Triple K Farm....ALPACAS!

                                       
                                         


This is Daisy.


Here is Gianna.

Quad update: They are all doing great!One ram lamb nurses on Myra - he doesn't drink from the bottle at all. The white ram & Pepsi nurse a little & supplement with the bottle. The all black only drinks from the bottle. They are so cute & fun. Poor Pepsi still has really crooked bow legs from being squished inside Myra. They have improved some, but still have a ways to go. She has no problem getting around, which is good.I am not sure what the outcome is going to be, she might always have crooked legs.They are starting to run & jump around, which is really fun to watch. After they eat & their bellies are full its nap time.They like to sleep together.

Good old Phoebe had twin ram lambs on Friday. She plopped them out no problem, they are nursing, and doing great! Phoebe is K3's first sheep. We got he in Maine, but she was born in Washington state. This girl has been around! She is 9 yrs old & this is the 3rd time she has had lambs for us. They all look the same black and a face like Phoebes.

I love the way lambs wag their tails when they are nursing!


We are up to 9 lambs- 5 rams & 4 ewes. I believe we are going to have a little break. Peony is due March 7th. I have 3 more possible but I'm not sure if they are bred, if they are it will be end of March.

We gathered & boiled on Friday and Sunday. We've made 6 gallons of fancy syrup.

I am done vacation & back to work today...Last night I told K3  my "vacation" was exhausting and I dreaded going back to work & trying to keep up with everything. She told me that I often stress out and say how busy I am, but this week she told me I really was going non stop.

 I have to say all the Ks were very helpful. Doing some of the dishes and laundry. They helped gather sap and did a few of the daytime bottle feedings. They are great girls! I did manage to sneak in a few hours alone with each of them & take them to lunch and shopping.  Burlington & a new comforter for K3.  Port Henry & a prom dress for K2.  Rutland & a new phone for K1.

Phew.... it never stops!! But, it all makes me happy & I wouldn't want it any other way. (Except, I could do without the middle of the night feedings!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, those lambs are so cute! That's a lot of babies in that pile! My last ewe had twin ewe lambs this morning. 4 more to go but if they are bred, it'll be 4 more months at the most. Have fun with all those lambs.

    ReplyDelete