Sunday, February 17, 2013

Whatta Week!

 Valentine's day started out great! This little cutie was waiting in the barn for me. I named her Heart!

 K3 came down to snuggle her. Cloey is a good mama! When I got home Mark told me he wasn't feeling well.Oh No! K1 had the stomach bug on Wednesday. We went and gathered sap. When we got home, Mark told me he was done for the night. So I did chores. Well, there goes my Valentines dinner of steak & chicken, since he didn't feel well & all the K's were with their boyfriends. Mark tossed & turned & felt awful all night. I woke up @ 4 and started throwing up.

We both called in to work. At around 8 Mark dragged himself to the barn & did chores. I love him! We spent the day in bed & sharing the toilet. We begged for help gathering. K1 & K3 & K1's boyfriend gathered all the sap for us, while we stayed in bed.  They are awesome! K3 did dishes & laundry. Once, again Mark toughed it out & did chores.

Yesterday, Mark was feeling much better. I was not sick, but really wiped out. He started boiling 2 days of sap. I washed our bed & cleaned the bathrooms, and caught up on some paper work. Then I had to clean the coop & lambing pen. We let Cloey & Heart outside!


 As I was cleaning these smelly places I was thinking , I don't really feel well & this isn't helping. Then Mark tells me I need to go gather sap. He's still boiling. The only help I could round up was K3. It took us about an hour. When we got back Mark was sweating...he was down to a gallon of sap. It would not be good to burn the new pan! He made 5 qts of Fancy Syrup. I was pretty happy when my head finally hit the pillow!

Today, we went & got round bales, cleaned the cows, and brought in wood. I am happy to say that Mark & I are both back to 100%.

Should be a busy week..... looks like it will be too cold for a few days for the sap to run, but should towards the end of the week. We are expecting 3 sheep to lamb. One being Myra!

                                                                               MYRA!
                          Her udder is enormous & her belly has dropped, so you can see her hip bones.

1 comment: